created: 2/8/2018 6:56 PM in OPINION
Conservative Television: A Counter Culture Becomes Mainstream
Television was once a reflection of life rather than a blue print for how people should live their lives. At some stage in the mid-twentieth century traditional American values were replaced with progressive values in order to invoke a cultural change. This includes many sitcoms and films which have not so covertly promoted values supported by leftist groups. Exemplifying this is Modern Family which has plotlines promoting same-sex marriage, and feminism. Americans are tired of seeing a weakening of the family in which patriarchs are portrayed to be of half the intelligence of their wives and daughters. This has been observed on the ABC sitcom American Housewife. In one episode, Katy Nixon’s character essentially parents her husband played by Dietrich Bader in which she assumes the role of the voice of reason when Bader makes poor impulsive financial decisions like buying a brand new car. Americans are tired of having the platform of the Democratic Party jammed down their throat every time they watch network television. Product placement can be used for promoting political ideologies too, it is simply harder to see. Fortunately, many viewers are opening their eyes to see this as propaganda campaign rather than innocent entertainment, and the ratings reflect that.
According to The Los Angeles Times the network television industry has taken an 11% dive from just last year. Although it may not come as a surprise that is still a staggering piece of data. At this rate traditional networks will have essentially no viewers in slightly under a decade. Presumably the exec’s understand this is and are in a state fight or flight, so they are beginning to respond to the market. Some welcome changes to the status quo include the new Rosanne rival in which female lead Rosanne Barr is a supporter of Donald Trump, which apparently runs parallel to her in real life. Another example of this frame shift is Trump supporter Tim Allen’s wildly successful show Last Man Standing which was cancelled despite being ABC’s 2nd most popular prime time program. The cancelation however was not illogical from a leftist perspective as it conflicted with their views. It features a strong family structure with a conservative patriarch rather than a babbling beta-male void of a spine. Allen himself has shown anxiety surrounding being a conservative in Hollywood equating it to “’30’s Germany” stating that “you'll get beat up if you don't believe what everybody believes.” Luckily for us market incentives are like physics so if there is demand someone will provide a supply. According to avclub.com, Allen is in talks with Fox to bring back the beloved series. Hopefully together they will put something truly special together.
This a unique time in America. After a long night of leftist dominance in government, and society alike we, the silent majority, are finally seeing some light, and sanity in the world. Events like these are stark indicators that things are changing for the better. However, there is still much work that needs to be done to conquer the issues that all Americans are facing. We should never allow any person, or organization to force a conflicting belief system upon us. We are the are the silent majority, and this is our time.
Article by: Conner Daniel Schultz
created: 2/8/2018 6:56 PM in OPINION
Northerner commented on 4/19/2018 3:45 PM
i love watching Last Man Standing with Tim Allen, his show is/was so great. what more could you ask for in a sitcom? funny, family values, guns, hunting, politics, etc...
i have heard it might get rebooted so i hope everyone will make a push for it to happen!
PaddyFitz commented on 4/12/2018 4:13 AM
The demise of the media as a non-biased provider of information, news and entertainment is no accident. At the risk of sounding like some kind of cold war era relic, I would like to direct you to the book "The Naked Communist" written by Cleon Skousen in the late 50's. In the book he outlines the 45 goals of communism in the United States. in 1963 they were entered into the congressional record. They are available for your edification at:
Several of 1-10 are, for the most part, negated by the fall of the Soviet Union.
Here are 11-45, feel free to check off the goals they have already accomplished;
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
ZappaMan commented on 4/10/2018 1:17 AM
We don't have to "imaging the ratings"... they are already in(!) and the show was cancelled because of the hard right slant (and poor ratings!). Straight, hard, fact of the matter. Maybe old Tim should try AM radio ;) but we should not be wasting our time with this failed show here. Enzomatic (below) states my position as well-- stop trying to shove the most extreme right (or left) our way-- it all smells the same and you can't put enough "gun" on it to change that smell.
ALLMAC00 commented on 3/30/2018 5:44 AM
So now that Tim Allen no longer has a show maybe he would be a great conservative late night talk show host. I am not aware of one and he would kill all the liberal snowfalkes nightly. Imagine the ratings!!!
sevenpointsixtwo commented on 3/27/2018 5:06 AM
I really appreciate being able to use Armslist, but these opinion pieces make me feel pretty uncomfortable. Is this website for firearm enthusiasts, or specifically for those who happen to subscribe to your specific interpretation of conservativism?
enzomatic75 commented on 3/19/2018 3:35 PM
The idea that liberals are your enemies is a poisoned narrative. The idea that all liberals are anti-second amendment is also a poisoned narrative.
I'm not a liberal by choice, but my fervent belief in separation of church and state, my sense of duty to help the poor and downtrodden, my college degree, and my passion to not salt the earth we have been given have earned me the label of "libtard". It's sad. I'm a registered republican, and I haven't voted republican since Romney, and I won't until we have decency return, and the sensationalism exorcised from the party.
ZappaMan commented on 3/11/2018 9:57 PM
I REALLY think you guys need to get someone who is qualified to manage your MarCom... the idiotic article re. Korean women snipers was stupid. It had a right-wing slant (as this article also does), but Americans are about CHOOSING... whatever they choose-- not being mind numbed right wing American Culture haters. Gun owners come in every color- just like humans. Get over Tim Allen's failed program-- he sounded like a jerk, he had an agenda, and it didn't... SELL! I know SOME here agree with you (and Tim Allen), but MOST do not and as much as we users here all agree on the 2nd Amendment-- we are not ALL right wing republicans (or whatever) and NOBODY (from any race or background) in the USA has any more rights to a gun... than anyone else. How about articles related to GUNS?
BigGameHunter commented on 2/26/2018 2:59 PM
The only redeeming quality of the Left is that they don't breed ;-)
9SecVmax commented on 2/19/2018 7:41 PM
Please bring Last Man Standing back. Allen and Leno is just.... perfect.
sro140 commented on 2/19/2018 2:58 PM
Great show. Bring it back.
glove commented on 2/15/2018 10:26 PM
Last Man Standing
This show needs to come back.
jcjarmon commented on 2/14/2018 5:03 AM
For to long we have allowed Hollywood to tell us what is right, and just. If we don't take back our society from these animals, we will not see another generation. Our founding fathers, our grandfathers, and ourselves have fought for the freedom to live and prosper. We cannot allow them to take the rights we now enjoy. If they means we have to fight for them again, then so be it. But the fight will be short, we're the only ones with the desire to fight for what we believe in. The left simply enjoys what rights we allow them too. If they infringe on ours, we can infringe on theirs.