Battle-hardened by over 5 years of combat experience, the PMAG evolution is marked by a long list of improvements, but here are some of the highlights of the new GEN M3 that are changes from the current design:
- Stronger in all tests over the current PMAG (feedlip impact, spine strength, side impact, hot/cold durability, etc.)
- Geometry and new low-drag follower design changes to increase reliability in extreme adverse conditions, including dusty environments.
- Now fully compatible with HK 416, FN SCAR, SA 80, et.al., with new bolt catch geometry and an over-insertion stop on the spine of the magazine for full functionality with all platforms.
- Now drop-free compatible with magazine wells on the tighter side of acceptable tolerance, and has a reinforced mag catch area for greater durability and compatibility with various mag catch tolerances.
- A slimmer floorplate for increased pouch compatibility comes standard, along with improved water drainage.
- Improved texture on the front and rear for more positive handling under stress.
- Recessed paint pen dot matrix for magazine marking that will not abrade off under handling or cleaning.