Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do I need an account to use ARMSLIST?
- No. You can browse ARMSLIST without being logged in to an account.
- Q: Why should I create an account?
- If you want to send messages or create listings, you will need an account.
- Q: What is OpenID?
- OpenID is a system that allows you to use
a single login for a variety of different websites. OpenID works by allowing you to select
a provider that you already have an account with, such as Google, AOL, or Yahoo. Login
is transferred to the selected provider. The provider verifies your login information
and control is transferred back to ARMSLIST.
- Q: Why use OpenID?
- It seems that every website requires you to create
an account. You end up with tons of usernames and passwords that you have to try to remember.
OpenID allows you to reuse these logins in a secure way. Basically, it's simpler.
- Q: How much does a Premium Personal account cost?
- A Premium Personal account currently costs $6.99/mo via Credit Card. It is a recurring, auto-billed monthly subscription.
- Q: Do you offer a month-to-month option?
- No. Subscriptions are recurring/autobilled until cancelled. You can cancel at any time through the billing tab in your account home.
- Q: How do I cancel my subscription?
- You can cancel your subscription at any time under billing in your account home.
- Q: My account is still pending. What are the next steps?
- Please email [email protected] with the subject line "Pending Account Upgrade." PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR BILLING ADDRESS. Also, be sure to use the email address you used to create the account.
- Q: I am being charged but I cannot access my account. What should I do?
- First, try a password reset using the email address you signed up with here. If that doesn't work, there could be a known issue with your account. Please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line "Missing Account."
- Q: I was charged more than $3.99(ACH)/$6.99 (Credit Card). What gives?
- Armslist will NEVER charge you more than $3.99/mo via ACH or $6.99/mo via credit card. Any further charges are likely return charges or NSF fees from your financial institution. We suggest contacting them regarding the fees.
- Q: How do I get a Premium Vendor account?
- Please head to Create an Account in the top right hand corner of the page. You will be prompted to select either a Premium Personal, or Premium Vendor account. Choose Premium Vendor and head through the billing setup process. We will approve your account as soon as we've received your FFL or business license.
- Q: How much does a Premium Vendor account cost?
- A Premium Vendor account currently costs $30 per month or $300 for a one-year subscription.
- Q: I've created a Premium Vendor account. Why does it say "Free Account - Upgrade Pending"?
- We are still waiting to receive your FFL or business license. Please send it to us via our Contact Us page. We will activate your account as soon as we review it.
- Q: What features do I get as a Premium Vendor?
- The following features enhance your ability to move inventory, drive internet traffic to your own website, as well as drive foot traffic through your front door:
In addition to these benefits, we'll be implementing additional features for building virtual stores and allowing
integration of your listings into your own websites as the vendor program matures and we get more feedback.
- Enhanced virtual storefront
- Hyperlinks to your website or URL of your choosing
- Listing history
- Page view counter on all listings
- Ability to create up to 500 listings.
You are still required to abide by anti-spamming rules.
- Skip listing confirmation email
- Pre-fill email address
- Auto-select HOME location
- Display dealer profile in listings
- Skip reCaptcha during listing creation
- Listings cannot be flagged
- Users can now search by “Dealers that Ship” to more easily find you!
- Direct access to our development team for questions, problems, or feature requests.
- Q: How do I create new listings as a Premium Vendor?
After your premium subscription has been activated by our staff, you will need to create a vendor profile. There is a link on the account home page that will allow you to create your vendor profile. After you have created your vendor profile, new listings will automatically be created as "Premium Vendor" listings.
- Q: How do I upgrade existing listings to Premium Vendor listings?
You must first create a vendor profile via the account home page. After you have a vendor profile, please contact our staff via the contact us page to have your existing listings upgraded.
- Q: I do not see the CAPTCHA and cannot send a message?
- Please ensure you do not have security software or ad removal software running while browsing ARMSLIST. Software such as AdBlock
may cause certain pages to fail to load correctly. If you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 please upgrade to a newer browser.
- Q: I have contacted a seller and not received a response.
- If you have not gotten a response, the item has likely been sold. You can look for the item from another seller. Additionally, you
can flag the listing as unresponsive and it will eventually be removed from the site.
- Q: Dealers are overrunning the site, can you ban them?
- In short no, there are a number of features that enable you to filter out vendors. On the category selection page, there are links
that allow you to view "private party" or "dealer" versions of the category. Additionally, on the category listings page, there are
filters on the left side of the screen that allow you to toggle "private party", "vendor", or "all sellers". If you have old bookmarks,
please save new ones with these filters applied appropriately.
- Q: Can you tell me if an item is still for sale?
- Please contact the seller directly. ARMSLIST does not get involved in transactions.
- Q: Can you help me contact a seller?
- Please use the built in tool for contacting a seller.
- Q: When I visit Armslist I get a popup and/or redirected to another site. Can you help?
- ARMSLIST does not allow popups in any way; via ad partners or in post content. If you're seeing a popup or are being redirected to another site or app within your system, it is likely that your device has run into malicious code that is hijacking your browser. Depending on your device type, some solutions are as follows:
Notebook/Desktop: Run a virus scanner on your system. All of the major virus protection software vendors offer a free 30 day trial which will allow you to resolve the current issue and evaluate your virus scanning needs over the course of the month.
Iphone/Android/Windows Phone/Tablet: Antivirus apps do exist for phone/tablet devices however the value of these apps is not clear at this time and it may be possible to simply clear your browser cache to rid your device of the problem software. Examples for some of the major mobile browser types follow; use a search engine to query for 'clear browser cache' and your specific device and browser type if your default browser is not mentioned. Keep in mind that the malicious software may actually be an app that you've installed recently, take an inventory of the apps and evaluate their safety.
- Instructions to clear Chrome mobile browser cache
- Instructions to clear Safari mobile browser cache
- Q: I'm not receiving emails from your site? My ISP is Comcast
- STEP 1: Login to http://customer.comcast.com with your Comcast email address and password.
STEP 2: Click on Users and Preferences.
STEP 3: Under Email Settings, next to Spam filter, click the Edit button*.
* If you do not see an Edit button, you are probably logged in as a Restricted account. Your primary Comcast username is an Unrestricted account, and can make other sub-accounts Unrestricted. You can call 1-800-COMCAST to have them walk through making your account Unrestricted so you can change your Spam Filter settings.
STEP 4: Click Disable Spam filter and click SAVE. Then click OK to confirm.
- Q: How do I create a listing?
Scroll to the very top of the page.
To the right of the logo is a button that says "Create a Listing" as shown in the image.
Alternatively, follow this link to create a listing.
Enter your listing information. A confirmation email will be sent to the provided email address.
Activate your listing by clicking the link in this confirmation email. Your listing will appear within a few minutes.
- Q: I have created a listing, but why didn't I get the confirmation email?
- Usually, emails are delivered without issue and within a few minutes. Please perform
the following actions:
- Ensure you are filling in the correct email address when creating your listing.
- Ensure you are checking the same email account that you used to create the listing
- Check your SPAM, JUNK or BULK MAIL folder.
- Use a free email service such as Google's GMail, AOL, or Hotmail.
- Q: I've lost my confirmation email, how can I edit/delete my listing?
- Your confirmation email can be resent by clicking the "Edit" link on your listing page. Or you can access the Resend Confirmation page directly but you will need to enter
the ID for your listing.
- Q: I have created/update a listing and do not see it, what should I do?
- Be patient. For performance reasons, the listings pages are only updated
every few minutes. If it has been more than an hour and you do not see your listing, please contact us as your listing
may have been trapped in our spam filters.
- Q: How do I completely remove a listing?
- There is no way to completely remove a listing, but you can deactivate your listing. Deactivating your listings will prevent buyers from being
able to contact your and will remove your listings from displaying in searches.
- Q: Can you increase the size limit to allow me to upload more than 1 picture?
- The size limit is to reduce the amount of processing our servers have to perform. If you would
like to upload more pictures, please resize your images to 800x600 prior to uploading them.
- Q: What is the correct category for my listing?
- The "Guns" classifieds section is for the sale, trade, or intended purchase
of firearms, parts, and ammunition only. Posting items in this section that are
NOT firearms, parts, or ammunition is in direct violation of these terms.
The "Outdoors Gear" classifieds section is for the sale, trade, or
intended purchase of outdoors equipment. Posting items that are NOT
outdoors equipment is in direct violation of these terms.
Items that are do not fit into "Guns" or "Outdoors Gear" that are for sale or
trade in exchange for firearms should be posted in the "Other Items" section.
- Q: Can I post my listing in multiple locations?
- No. You should create the listing in the location where you and your item are physically located.
- Q: But what if I can ship my item?
- No, one location, and one location only. If someone finds it in their home location, they assume they can go to your location and make a deal. If
they find it in a faraway location, they assume it must be shipped. Your listing will still be found through searches. Browsers are then able to filter by "Dealers that Ship" when searching for an item.
- Q: Can I post in nearby states?
- No, this confuses people. If they want to look at an item in your location, they will browse your location, or find it through searching.
- Q: What about nearby cities?
- No, this also confuses people. Users look at listings in the cities where they live and shop.
- Q: Can I re-post my items for sale once per day until they sell?
- No, duplicate listings are not permitted. You can use the built in bump feature keep your listing new.
- Q: Ok so tell me clear and simple, how does this work?
- One item for sale = one listing, in one location.
-      But what if I...
-      But I saw a guy that...
One item, one listing, one location, period. Play by the rules.
- Q: Can ARMSLIST help me conduct a transaction?
- ARMSLIST is purely a service provider that allow sellers to list items. As such, ARMSLIST can not and will not be
a party in transactions. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer and seller to conduct safe and legal transactions.
- Q: Can ARMSLIST contact a seller for me or provide me with information about a user?
during due process of law.
- Q: How can I ensure transactions are conducted safely and legally?
- Please contact your local sheriff's office and ATF branch office to learn how to conduct proper transfers in your area.
- Q: What is the safest way to conduct out-of-area transfers?
- ARMSLIST was designed for local interactions, please use the site accordingly.
- Q: What should I do if I suspect a listing is a scam?
- Please flag the listing as "scam", this will remove the listing from the site.
Please contact us with a link to the listing so we can remove the listing.
- Q: How do I avoid scams?
- Follow these common sense rules to help avoid getting scammed:
- Transact in person, or through our recommended escrow partner GunTab - This will help you avoid almost all scams
- Never send Cashiers Checks or Money Orders to sellers
- Never wire money via Western Union, Moneygram, or other wire services
- Never accept Cashiers Checks or Money Orders as they can be easily faked
- Never give out financial information
- Avoid deals involving shipping, unless you use our recommended escrow partner GunTab
- If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is
- ARMSLIST is not involved in any transaction, we do not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer
"buyer protection" or "seller certification"
- Q: What should I do if I've been scammed?
- Please do the following:
- Q: Can ARMSLIST help if I've been scammed?
- We take every precaution to prevent scammers from using the site. Unfortunately, beyond our efforts to prevent scammers there is little we can do.
You are the best resource to prevent and stop scammers. Please take the steps listed previously if you are the victim of a scam. Also, please refer to our tips and heed the warnings on the site on how to prevent getting scammed.
- Q: Can ARMSLIST provide me with more information about a scammer?
during due process of law.
- Q: How do I get Armslist points?
- You can currently receive Armslist points for the following actions (more to come soon, this is just the beginning!):
- - Login every day to receive 1 point
- - Send a DM message, or contact a seller to receive 2 points
- - Create a listing to receive 5 points
- - Login consecutively everyday for one week straight to receive 10 points
- Q: Where can I check my Armslist Points balance?
- To check your current points balance, head to your Armslist account home, and head to the Armslist Points tab here
- Q: How many times can I receive Armslist Points for an action, per day?
- You can only receive points for each action once a day
- Q: How can I spend my Armslist points?
- Currently, you can spend Armslist points in a part of the E-Comm store.